terça-feira, junho 29, 2004

Mais sobre o que os iraquianos esperam do novo governo

FOXNews.com - U.S. & World - Iraqis Rejoice, Warn Terrorists on Radio

Trecho: "I send my congratulations to all Iraqis and every Iraqi home," a woman who identified herself as Um Yassin gushed, her voice choked with emotion. "I want to tell Dr. Allawi to be bold, to be strong. We need him to build up the army because we need them at a time like this."

Her message was echoed by dozens on the day Prime Minister Allawi was given a letter transferring sovereignty back to the citizens of Iraq after about 14 months of coalition administration.

But in the midst of adulation for the new government, callers urged that all must be vigilant for insurgents seeking to sow more chaos in a country plagued by violence since Saddam Hussein's regime was toppled.

"I send all the Iraqi people my blessings," said Ali, a caller from Baghdad (search). "But I warn these terrorists, all the Iraqis will rise up and strike them with steel."